Search Issue Tracker
Moving files in local packages causes them to be renamed to lowercase when using Asset Pipeline v1
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "Rename_Repro.zip" project
2. In Project view, Select Packages > Custom Package > Script > Editor
3. Move the "ASSEMBLYINFO.CS" to Packages > Custom Package > Script > Runtime
4. Move the "ASSEMBLYINFO.CS" back to Packages > Custom Package > Script > Editor
Actual result: "ASSEMBLYINFO.CS" gets renamed to "assemblyinfo.cs".
Expected result: "ASSEMBLYINFO.CS" doesn't get renamed.
Reproducible with: 2020.1.0a4, 2019.3.0b4, 2019.2.6f1, 2019.1.14f1, 2018.4.9f1.
- After moving the script for the first time, NullReferenceException is thrown.
- Can't test 2017.4 as there is no packages.
- The issue is annoying as renaming a file causes a lot of references missing.
- The issue is reproducible only when using Asset Pipeline Version 1.
- 2020.1.0a12 and later doesn't allow using Asset Pipeline Version 1 anymore.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Textures] CubemapArray API forces duplicate code because you cannot access individual cubemaps directly
- Duplicating a Prefab instance in the Scene will cause instances of the same Prefab to be disabled and re-enabled
- GUI.Button and GUILayout.Button stay in the normal GUIStyleState even when the normal GUIStyleState is changed to another one
- Particle System mesh UV coordinates change when mesh's geometry layout is changed on import
- [Windows] The Unity import progress is not shown in the Windows taskbar