Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
MissingReferenceException and GUI errors are thrown when removing collider component while editting collider bounds
1. Create or open any Unity project
2. Set the Layout to "Default"
3. Create a new GameObject in the Hierarchy4
4. Add Coillder component (Sphere, Box, Capsule)
5. Edit collider bounds
6. While still in the bound edit mode, remove the collider component through the Inspector
Expected: No errors are thrown
Actual: 'MissingReferenceException' and GUI errors are thrown
Reproducible with: 2019.1.0a14, 2019.4.2f1, 2020.1.0b14, 2020.2.0a16
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.23f1, 2019.1.0a13
1. Errors can be cleared from the console and do not seem to affect the project in any way
2. Reproduced with collider components: Box, Sphere, Capsule
3. Does not reproduce with collider components: Box2D, Circle2D, Capsule2D, Edge2D, Polygon2D
4. The issue only reproduces when using the Default Layout.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Flickering orbs appear when using RenderTargetHandle
- UsePass for ShaderLabShader is ignored and GameObjects are not rendered when SRPBatcher is enabled
- Animated model translated down when interrupting a transition
- UI Toolkit text splits when changing PanelSettings scale
- Error "NullReferenceException" is thrown when selecting folders from the folder panel or closing the folder panel with EditorUtility.OpenFolderPanel() in use