Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.1
[Mobile] Metallic Standard Shader looks unlit on an Android with a Mali GPU running OpenGLES3 and iOS A11 devices on any API
Steps to reproduce
1. Open attached project
2. If you're building for Android, set the Graphics API to OpenGLES3, if you're building for iOS any graphics API should exhibit the problem
3. Build and run 'Simple' scene on an Android device with Mali GPU (used Samsung S7 to test) or an iOS device with A11 SoC (latest devices - iPhone 8, 8 Plus & X)
4. Observe that the building has no reflectance and is kinda grey (see screenshots for reference)
Other Android devices and these devices running OpenGL ES 2 work fine.
Other iOS devices also look fine.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [CustomEditor] MissingReferenceExceptions are thrown when building a player when a GameObject is selected in the Hierarchy
- [Android 9] GL_INVALID_OPERATION thrown when texture.ReadPixels is called
- [Android] Gradle build system does not escape backslash character on Keystore alias password
- [Android] Texture being misread in follow up blit on Adreno 630 when blitting zero alpha into texture
- Particles are spawned in the incorrect position in Play mode when specified rotation is not along only one axis