Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2
[Metal] Texture2D.GetNativeTexturePtr creates a new texture and returns pointer to the new texture instead of the original
1. Open project attached by the user
2. Open "MainScene" scene
3. In Edit->Project Settings -> Player enable Metal support for the editor
4. Hit play
Expected: Both textures should have the same color because the second texture is just a pointer to the original one.
Actual: Color is changed only on original texture which means that a new texture was created and Texture2D.GetNativeTexturePtr returned a pointer to this new texture.
Reproduced with: 2017.1.0b1, 2017.1.0p1, 2017.2.0b4, 2017.3.0a1
Not reproducible with 5.6.2p4
Reproduces only on Metal API, OpenGL works as expected.
Fixed in Unity 2018.2.0a1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Reflection probe bounces don't work when Rendering Path is set to 'Deferred'
- Organizations are not displayed in the Services window
- Shader effect with specific view disappears when multiple materials in scene are present
- [Wild Crash] Editor crashes on mono_aot_get_cached_class_info when GizmoSetup has cached an outdated data
- [IMGUI] None,ScriptOnly and Full properties of stack trace are misaligned