Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.1
Fixed in 5.5, 5.6, 2017.1, 2017.2
Metal Editor Support makes the entire Unity editor turn hot pink plus pixel garbage
Using Unity 2017.3.0b1 on Mac if you enable "Metal Editor Support* (Experimental)" in Player settings then the entire Editor UI (except for the menu bar, menus, and window title bars) become hot pink except for regions of blinking random pixels and excerpts of open windows from other applications. This problem impacts Editor windows such as Project and Hierarchy, not just 3D views.
Closing the Editor, re-launching the Editor, and re-opening the project does not help. Once you have activated Metal Editor Support in a project, the bug recurs upon loading that project.
This is a regression; it did not occur using Unity 2017.3.0a7.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux Hub] A new instance of the Hub does not have a Taskbar icon
- Mesh Inspector becomes slow to use when inspecting a large Mesh with Blend Shapes
- [Metal] GfxDeviceMetal::CreateComputeProgram does not check inputs
- The Modes button of the the SerializedField MinMaxGradient is not clickable in the Inspector when indentLevel is more than 0
- Input.GetKey for Left Shift returns true when Right Shift is held down and Left Shift is pressed (and vice versa)