Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.1.X
Fixed in 5.5.X, 5.6.X, 2017.1.X, 2017.2.X
Metal Editor Support makes the entire Unity editor turn hot pink plus pixel garbage
Using Unity 2017.3.0b1 on Mac if you enable "Metal Editor Support* (Experimental)" in Player settings then the entire Editor UI (except for the menu bar, menus, and window title bars) become hot pink except for regions of blinking random pixels and excerpts of open windows from other applications. This problem impacts Editor windows such as Project and Hierarchy, not just 3D views.
Closing the Editor, re-launching the Editor, and re-opening the project does not help. Once you have activated Metal Editor Support in a project, the bug recurs upon loading that project.
This is a regression; it did not occur using Unity 2017.3.0a7.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- When a Rigidbody2D is inactive GetPoint/GetVector/GetRelativePoint/GetRelativeVector fallbacks to returning (0, 0)
- Light brightness gets intense until the 'Lightmap Encoding' quality is changed when baking Lightmap
- Crash on LinearCollectionField::LinearCollectionField after a 'm_ArrayField != SCRIPTING_NULL' assertion when opening a project
- Import Activity Window takes long time to open
- Child Canvas' Sorting Layer is changed to the same value as the parent Canvas after interacting with Dropdown UI object