Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.1.X
Fixed in 5.5.X, 5.6.X, 2017.1.X, 2017.2.X
Metal Editor Support makes the entire Unity editor turn hot pink plus pixel garbage
Using Unity 2017.3.0b1 on Mac if you enable "Metal Editor Support* (Experimental)" in Player settings then the entire Editor UI (except for the menu bar, menus, and window title bars) become hot pink except for regions of blinking random pixels and excerpts of open windows from other applications. This problem impacts Editor windows such as Project and Hierarchy, not just 3D views.
Closing the Editor, re-launching the Editor, and re-opening the project does not help. Once you have activated Metal Editor Support in a project, the bug recurs upon loading that project.
This is a regression; it did not occur using Unity 2017.3.0a7.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Prefab's scripts are constantly reloaded when trying to enter multiple digits or characters into public fields on custom scripts consecutively
- Crash on mono_g_hash_table_find_slot when entering Play Mode
- [iOS] Crash when pressing "Done" on the keyboard layout
- Sprite Atlas remains loaded in memory after scene change or unloading assets
- Decompressing a DeflateStream under IL2CPP misses a few bytes