Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.6, 2017.1
[MeshFilter] Static mesh offset and scaled when accessing '.mesh'
When accessing '.mesh' of a mesh filter on a static game object when other static game objects exist in the scene, the mesh becomes offset and scaled incorrectly. It only happens when at least one other static mesh is present in the scene and doesn't happen when accessing '.sharedMesh'.
1. Open attached project(ReportBugs.zip)
1. Open the scene "CheckSizeBug", play it
The mesh of the blue cube moves to the side and is almost not visible by the camera anymore (see "bug.bmp" and "bug2.bmp").
What should happen:
Mesh shouldn't change position or scale.
Notice that it doesn't happen if you comment out the only line in the Start() function in the script.
If it is changed to print cube.GetComponent<MeshFilter>().mesh or cube.GetComponent<MeshFilter>().mesh.[something], it still happens.
Reproduced on: 5.2.0f3, 5.2.5f1, 5.4.0f3, 5.5.4p1, 5.6.1p4, 2017.1.0b10, 2017.2.0a4.
Works fine on: 5.3.0f4, 5.3.7p3.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Universal RP] Missing Camera cannot be removed from Camera Stack after scene is saved
- Game View focus is lost when entering Play mode with maximized Game View (either by Shift+Space or options->Maximize)
- Switching refresh rate without switching resolution or fullscreen mode doesn't work
- [iOS] [IL2CPP] crash on il2cpp::os::Image::Initialize() on Application launch
- [iOS] crash when Notification with Data parameter set to null is pushed due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException'