Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2.X
Fixed in 2018.3.X
Materials are not accessible when created from textures in Packages folder
How to reproduce:
1. One a new Unity project
2. Create a Cube in the Scene
3. From Project Browser, drag and drop any texture from "Packages/ TextMesh Pro/ Editor Resources/ Gizmos" onto the Cube
4. Save the Scene
5. Restart Unity Editor
Expected result: The Cube still has the material that was generated from the texture.
Actual result: The Cube has no (missing) material.
Reproducible with - 2018.2.0b1, 2018.2.0f2, 2018.3.0a4
- Could not be tested on versions prior to 2018.2, since the above mentioned "Packages" folder was introduced in 2018.2.
- After step 3 is performed (after drag and dropping), a warning and an error appear in the Console:
- Error: "Read only asset Packages/com.unity.textmeshpro/Editor Resources/Gizmos/Materials has no meta file."
- Warning: "Ignoring asset refresh of Packages/com.unity.textmeshpro/Editor Resources/Gizmos/Materials/TextMeshPro Inline Graphics icon.mat because the folder it is in has not been imported yet!"
- Materials are created, but they are not accessible from the Project Browser and they are not referenced after restarting Unity.
Update: After the fix, drag & dropping packaged textures onto scene objects is disabled.
Fixed in 2019.1.0a3
Backported to 2018.2.11f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dropdown menu covers the button when there is no space for it from below
- WebCamDevice only returns one rear-facing camera when built on Android
- Reimporting a Scripted Importer Asset when Profiler is recording will make it null
- Created Import Issue Asset doesn't show up in the Project window until the Unity Editor is restarted
- [Android] Application name with an ampersand is removed and replaced with an underscore in 2021 LTS and up