Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.2.X
[MacOS] VideoPlayer.frameReady event doesn't prepare a new frame when the dropped frame is skipped
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project (case_1187256-Project.zip)
2. Open the SampleScene from the Scene folder
3. Enter the Play mode
Expected result: The video plays without stopping.
Actual result: The video stops at the 28th frame.
Reproduced in: 2018.4.10f1, 2019.2.7f2, 2019.3.0b5, 2020.1.0a7.
Couldn't test with: 2017.4 (There's no option for "Skip On Drop" in the Video Player, which is connected to the issue)
1. The video always stops at the same frame, when playing back the video with the VideoPlayer.frameReady event
2. The option "Skip On Drop" can't be disabled on macOS MP4 video format
3. Although the "Skip On Drop" can't be disabled, it works just fine in the 2017.4 Unity stream where there isn't an option for it.
4. Couldn't reproduce the problem on Windows
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Build fails when building with ILCPP Scripting Backend and ARMv7 as the Target Architecture
- Textures turn black in Player when they are referenced by a script instance
- [Android] Virtual device crashes with "Scudo ERROR: invalid chunk state when deallocating address" error in Firebase Test Lab when Optimized Frame Pacing is enabled
- Particle System does not resume when its Culling Mode is set to "Pause" or "Pause and Catch-up," and particle position simulate in world space
- "Custom Render Queue" field cannot be set above "2000" when changing it in the Inspector window using Debug mode