Search Issue Tracker
[MacOS] Unity Editor crashes or freezes when performing "Step Over" in debugger
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "share.zip" project
2. Switch the active platform to Android
3. Select the Digit/AssetBundles/Modes/Simulation option.
4. Open the "MasterScene" scene
5. Open the "RequestDispatcher.cs" script via Rider or VScode
6. Attach a debugger to Unity
7. Enter Play Mode
8. Select Dev_F > Dev-F-18 (Open) server and press "GO"
9. Select "Create Random"
10. When the game starts, add breakpoint at line 182 of the RequestDispatcher.cs
11. Follow the tutorial steps until breakpoint gets hit
12. Force Step (Option + Shift + F8) for as much as you can (about 15 times)
Actual result: Unity hangs or crashes.
Reproducible with: 2018.4.3f1, 2018.4.13, 2018.4.14f1.
Not reproducible with: 2020.1.0a19.
- Unity unfreezes if the debugger is disconnected.
- The crash may happen if you attach the debugger before Play Mode.
- Can't test other versions as the reproduction project is very big and complex.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Missing `localhost` in the `hosts` file configuration could cause the Unity Package Manager server to fail to start
- Wrong scaling in shadow mask scene view mode
- Type.GetField() works differently in IL2CPP from Mono
- Splitter resize cursors flicker on Linux and Windows
- Can't select sRGB color format for Render Texture on HDRP project