Search Issue Tracker
[MacOS][Metal] "Instanced Indirect" has drastically worse performance than "Instanced" Rendering
1. Create a New Project
2. Import "Vegetation Studio Pro" from the Asset Store
3. Install "Entities" and "Post-processing" Packages
4. Open the "Demo" scene
5. Open the Profiler, Enable "Deep Profile", "Profile Editor" and "Record"
6. Enter Play mode
7. Search for "Gfx.WaitForPresent" in the Hierarchy tab of the Profiler
8. Notice that its "self ms" is high (400-500+)
Expected Result: "Instanced Indirect" has similar performance to "Instanced"
Actual Result: "Instanced Indirect" has drastically worse performance than "Instanced"
Reproduced with: 2019.1.4f1, 2018.4.1f1, 2018.3.14f1
Did not reproduce on: 2019.3.0a4 (Big spike at first), 2019.2.0b4, 2017.4.28f1 (Needs PackMan)
"VegetationSystemPro" -> "Edit Biomes" -> "Select Vegetation Item" -> Change both grass sprites Render mode to "Instanced' and repeat steps, dramatically more performant
Reproduces only on a MacOs Metal Graphics API
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- New animation clips are not imported correctly when re-importing a fbx file
- [PackMan] Extension in bottom bar disappears when using operations between UI generation and packman extension callbacks
- Editor freezes when recompiling scrips in Play Mode
- Shuriken particles depth offset is not working(has no affect) when 'Renderer Alignment' is set to 'View'
- [InputSystem] InputSystem is not initialized when run in `-batchmode`