Search Issue Tracker
[MacOS][Metal] "Instanced Indirect" has drastically worse performance than "Instanced" Rendering
1. Create a New Project
2. Import "Vegetation Studio Pro" from the Asset Store
3. Install "Entities" and "Post-processing" Packages
4. Open the "Demo" scene
5. Open the Profiler, Enable "Deep Profile", "Profile Editor" and "Record"
6. Enter Play mode
7. Search for "Gfx.WaitForPresent" in the Hierarchy tab of the Profiler
8. Notice that its "self ms" is high (400-500+)
Expected Result: "Instanced Indirect" has similar performance to "Instanced"
Actual Result: "Instanced Indirect" has drastically worse performance than "Instanced"
Reproduced with: 2019.1.4f1, 2018.4.1f1, 2018.3.14f1
Did not reproduce on: 2019.3.0a4 (Big spike at first), 2019.2.0b4, 2017.4.28f1 (Needs PackMan)
"VegetationSystemPro" -> "Edit Biomes" -> "Select Vegetation Item" -> Change both grass sprites Render mode to "Instanced' and repeat steps, dramatically more performant
Reproduces only on a MacOs Metal Graphics API
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [CPULM] Enabling indirect denoising and gaussian AO filter causes bright halos
- Fix doc and typo in Scene TemplatePipeline
- Analytics spams error console when it cannot connect
- New Lighting Settings wipes the settings in the Lighting Window
- Splash screen animation continues playing in the background while resolution is being changed upon launching the player