Search Issue Tracker
[MacOS][Metal] "Instanced Indirect" has drastically worse performance than "Instanced" Rendering
1. Create a New Project
2. Import "Vegetation Studio Pro" from the Asset Store
3. Install "Entities" and "Post-processing" Packages
4. Open the "Demo" scene
5. Open the Profiler, Enable "Deep Profile", "Profile Editor" and "Record"
6. Enter Play mode
7. Search for "Gfx.WaitForPresent" in the Hierarchy tab of the Profiler
8. Notice that its "self ms" is high (400-500+)
Expected Result: "Instanced Indirect" has similar performance to "Instanced"
Actual Result: "Instanced Indirect" has drastically worse performance than "Instanced"
Reproduced with: 2019.1.4f1, 2018.4.1f1, 2018.3.14f1
Did not reproduce on: 2019.3.0a4 (Big spike at first), 2019.2.0b4, 2017.4.28f1 (Needs PackMan)
"VegetationSystemPro" -> "Edit Biomes" -> "Select Vegetation Item" -> Change both grass sprites Render mode to "Instanced' and repeat steps, dramatically more performant
Reproduces only on a MacOs Metal Graphics API
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unity crashes when opening the project
- "Color Picker not supported on this platform" error is thrown when UseOSColorPicker is set to true on Windows
- Lightmap Encoding Quality settings do not apply to baked lightmap textures
- GameObject is not culled and can be seen in the Frame Debugger when Camera is facing away from it
- [UIR] Lines separating packages wiggle in Packman at 150%