Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.3.17f1, 2022.2.3f1, 2023.1.0a21
[macOS] In Hierarchy hovering over arrow to open Prefab in Prefab View tooltip displays shortcut to "Alt" and not "Option"
How to reproduce:
1. Open up any project
2. Create gameObject "Cube" in Hierarchy and drag and drop it to Project Browser to make it a prefab
3. In Hierarchy hover over the arrow on the right of the Prefabs name
Expected result: Tooltip should display "Press modifier key [Option] to open in isolation.", as Shortcuts and such display "Option" and not "Alt"
Actual result: Tooltip displays "Press modifier key [Alt] to open in isolation."
Reproduces with: 2020.3.40f1, 2021.3.11f1, 2022.1.19f1, 2022.2.0b9, 2023.1.0a12
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Resolution Note (fix version 2023.1.0a21):
Fixed in 2023.1.0a21, now displays "Option modifier key".
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.2.3f1):
Fixed in 2022.2.3f1, "Option" is now displayed instead of "Alt".
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.3.17f1):
Fixed in 2021.3.17f1, "Option key" is now displayed.