Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2021.1.X, 2021.2.X
SurfaceEffector2D causes high forces and incorrectly interacts with Collider2D set as trigger.
1. Open the attached project "Repro.zip"
2. Press Play
Expected result: The ball GameObject does not teleport
Actual result: The ball GameObject teleports to (0, 0, 0) Position once its Circle Collider triggers Surface Effector 2D
Reproducible with: 2019.1.0f2, 2019.4.28f1, 2020.3.12f1, 2021.1.11f1, 2021.2.0a20
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.36f1, 2019.1.0f1 (Completely different behavior - the ball bounces off)
Editor on MacOS
Not reproducible with:
Player on MacOS
Editor and Player on Windows 10
VLNQA00121, Samsung Galaxy S9, Android: 9, CPU: Exynos 9 Series 9810, GPU: Mali-G72
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.1):
This is caused by the fact that the SurfaceEffector2D wasn't ignoring 2D Colliders set to be triggers. Using such colliders resulted in undefined forces being applied.