Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
[macOS] CPU usage increases instead of decreasing when unfocusing a Player built with 'Run in Background' option disabled
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new Unity project
2. Open the Player Settings window and uncheck 'Run in Background'
3. Build and run the Player
4. Compare the CPU usage via Activity Monitor when Player is focused to Player is unfocused
Expected result: CPU usage drops significantly when Player is unfocused
Actual result: CPU usage increases when Player is unfocused
Reproducible with: 2019.1.0a11, 2019.3.11f1, 2020.1.0b8, 2020.2.0a9
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.40f1, 2018.4.22f1, 2019.1.0a10
Not reproducible with Windows
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.2):
Fixed in 2020.2.0a12