Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
[macOS] CPU usage increases instead of decreasing when unfocusing a Player built with 'Run in Background' option disabled
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new Unity project
2. Open the Player Settings window and uncheck 'Run in Background'
3. Build and run the Player
4. Compare the CPU usage via Activity Monitor when Player is focused to Player is unfocused
Expected result: CPU usage drops significantly when Player is unfocused
Actual result: CPU usage increases when Player is unfocused
Reproducible with: 2019.1.0a11, 2019.3.11f1, 2020.1.0b8, 2020.2.0a9
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.40f1, 2018.4.22f1, 2019.1.0a10
Not reproducible with Windows
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- OnActiveBuildTargetChanged is not called when changing the build platform
- Silent crash when scripts are recompiled on a specific project
- [Android] Video freezes when built for Android with specific project
- UI element is not displayed when Canvas Render Mode is set to Screen Space-Overlay
- Editor crashes on libetc_init when changing WebGL Texture Format to "RGB + 1-bit Alpha Compressed ETC2 4 bits"