Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 10.1.0
Found in [Package]
'Look rotation viewing vector is zero' warnings after setting Spot Light's Range to 0 in SRP
Steps to repro:
1. Create the new project in URP or HDRP on Windows;
2. Create the new scene;
3. In the Hierarchy click '+' and select Light>Spotlight;
4. In the Inspector type '0' in the Range field.
"'Look rotation viewing vector is zero
are shown in the Console. See the attached video.
Regression introduced in Unity 2019.3.0
No warnings are shown after changing the Spot light's range to 0.
- Reproducible in Version 2021.1.0a1, 2020.2.0b7, 2020.1.9f1, 2019.4.12f1, 2019.3.16f1;
- Not reproducible in 2019.2.21f1, 2019.1.14f1, 2018.4.28f1;
- Reproducible only on Windows; not reproducible on OSX;
- Reproducible only in SRP (URP and HDRP) Version 7.3.1 - 10.0.0;
- Reproducible only for the Spot light; not reproducible for Area and Point lights.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Animated GameObject changes position after Chase state is triggered when Apply Root Motion is disabled
- Mouse looping to the other side of the screen when dragging tabs after clicking on the Scene view window
- Editor Window contents are not visible when opening it up
- Gamma bleeding and banding when low light baked in VR scene
- A WebGL build with complex shaders has a performance drop when tapping the screen