Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
Fixed in 2018.4, 2019.2
LogStringToConsole is performing too many allocations when printing to console which results in calling GC.collect() often
1. Open attached project "StackTraceBR.zip"
2. Make sure the Profiler window is open and only GarbageCollector graph is enabled in CPU usage section
3. Enter Play mode
Result: LogStringToConsole is allocating ~9 kb of garbage each frame, GC.collect is called every 5-10 seconds
Reproduced in: 2017.4.0f1, 2017.4.31f1, 2018.4.6f1, 2019.1.14f1, 2019.2.1f1, 2019.3.0a11
Note: allocation size does not change if different variable types are printed (ex.: int, string, bool)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Universal RP] Missing Camera cannot be removed from Camera Stack after scene is saved
- Game View focus is lost when entering Play mode with maximized Game View (either by Shift+Space or options->Maximize)
- Switching refresh rate without switching resolution or fullscreen mode doesn't work
- [iOS] [IL2CPP] crash on il2cpp::os::Image::Initialize() on Application launch
- [iOS] crash when Notification with Data parameter set to null is pushed due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException'