Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.2.X, 2019.4.X
LogStringToConsole is performing too many allocations when printing to console which results in calling GC.collect() often
1. Open attached project "StackTraceBR.zip"
2. Make sure the Profiler window is open and only GarbageCollector graph is enabled in CPU usage section
3. Enter Play mode
Result: LogStringToConsole is allocating ~9 kb of garbage each frame, GC.collect is called every 5-10 seconds
Reproduced in: 2017.4.0f1, 2017.4.31f1, 2018.4.6f1, 2019.1.14f1, 2019.2.1f1, 2019.3.0a11
Note: allocation size does not change if different variable types are printed (ex.: int, string, bool)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- When the project name contains a ";" character, the editor crashes while creating a script.
- New Cubemap is inserted at the end of the array when baking an individual Probe
- Crash on GfxTaskExecutorD3D12::AddRequiredResourceBarriers when opening the project
- WebGL build fails with a UnicodeDecodeError
- MSB3073 error is thrown when building App Packages in Visual Studio