Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
LockReloadAssemblies is not working correctly
Reproducible on 5.0, 5.1, 5.2;
1. create a new project and import "Case691571.unitypackage";
2. Go to menu bar "Case 691571" -> "Build and Wait Test". This will start the script.
3. Wait until the script has built the player and prints into the console "Script is still running... Please focus another window than the Unity window (eg. open a browser) and then again focus Unity within 20 seconds.".
4. Switch to another application (e.g. the browser). The script continues to run in the background.
5. Switch back to Unity. The script will almost instantly be aborted (and it should not because it called "LockReloadAssemblies").
Repro project contains a script showing the issue. The script will build a player and then call "LockReloadAssemblies". Then it waits for 30 seconds. Finally it prints "Test finished." If you see "Test finished" everything is OK. If you're not seeing it, the script got aborted by the assembly reload (which it should not have been).
Workaround: don't switch focus from Unity editor;
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Inconsistency displaying company name in Package Manager UI
- GPU lightmapper doesn't work on Linux any more
- [Editor] Recent scenes should not include (DOTS) subscenes
- Interaction is broken when EditorGUI.indentLevel is set to 1 or higher and ParticleSystem.MinMaxGradient interface is used
- Mouse position is not updated when locking the cursor and it causes the mouse to snap unpredictably when entering the Play Mode