Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
LockReloadAssemblies is not working correctly
Reproducible on 5.0, 5.1, 5.2;
1. create a new project and import "Case691571.unitypackage";
2. Go to menu bar "Case 691571" -> "Build and Wait Test". This will start the script.
3. Wait until the script has built the player and prints into the console "Script is still running... Please focus another window than the Unity window (eg. open a browser) and then again focus Unity within 20 seconds.".
4. Switch to another application (e.g. the browser). The script continues to run in the background.
5. Switch back to Unity. The script will almost instantly be aborted (and it should not because it called "LockReloadAssemblies").
Repro project contains a script showing the issue. The script will build a player and then call "LockReloadAssemblies". Then it waits for 30 seconds. Finally it prints "Test finished." If you see "Test finished" everything is OK. If you're not seeing it, the script got aborted by the assembly reload (which it should not have been).
Workaround: don't switch focus from Unity editor;
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Packages cannot be added from a registry that returns invalid publish dates [Windows-only]
- Physics.SyncColliderTransforms syncs every collider when the local position hasn't changed
- [GPU PLM] Part of baked shadows are broken when hitting a backface
- [DX12] Nothing is being rendered when using Alt+Enter to maximize a resized windowed player
- [DX12] Player freezes and/or crashes when switching between full screen modes