Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.3
[Android] Loading AssetBundles from file fails when bundle is located after 2GB point in a file
1. Download and open "TestLargeAssetBundle.zip" project.
2. Build app to the device.
3. Copy the file "test" located in downloaded project's testing folder (TestLargeAssetBundle/testing/test) to persistent data path of the application (Android/data/com.test.test/files).
4. Run logcat to see logs of the application.
5. Run application on the device.
6. Observe outputted logs.
Expected result: All 4 assetbundles are loaded from file.
Actual result: Only 2 first assetbundles are loaded which are located before 2GB point, other assetbundles which are located after 2GB point fail to load.
Reproduced with: 2017.2.0a1, 2017.1.0b6, 5.6.1p1, 5.5.3p4
Devices under testing:
Samsung SM G930F (Galaxy S7), OS:7.0, CPU:arm64-v8a, GPU:Mali-T880,
Samsung SM G903F, OS:6.0.1, CPU:armeabi-v7a, GPU:Mali-T720,
Samsung SM G800F (Galaxy S5 Mini), OS:5.1.1, CPU:armeabi-v7a, GPU:Mali-400 MP, Build:samsung/kminiltexx/kminilte:5.1.1/LMY47X/G800FXXU1BPC4:user/release-keys
Notes: In editor and standalone works fine in all versions except in Unity 5.5.3p4 where the result is the same as on android device (Only 2 assetbundles from file load).
Verified with: 2017.3.0a1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shader error db grows on each build
- Android ARCore build fails with 2019.4 due to outdated Gradle
- [tvOS] Visual artifacts are present when Ambient Occlusion is enabled and Dynamic Resolution is reduced
- Texture Importer Inspector throws errors when a built-in texture inspector is overwritten in C#
- Invalid AABB error is thrown when moving a Particle with Velocity over Lifetime and Limit Velocity over Lifetime modules