Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
[Linux] Tooltips are offset by a large amount and constrained if another tooltip is shown in quick succession
1) Create a new project
2) Hover over one of the toolbar icons (like "Move Tool")
3) While the tooltip is still up, quickly hover over another button with a larger tooltip, like "Center/Local"
Result A: Tooltip box is still the size of the smaller tooltip
4) Drag out one of the windows, like Scene View or Inspector
5) Hover over one of the toolbar icons again
Result B: Tooltip position is offset downwards
Reproduced in 2017.4.0f1, 2019.3.0a8
Oct 05, 2020 22:16
Also, even on 2019.4.11f1 "Result A" wasn't solved, it still happens. And on multi-screen, the tooltip may appear on wrong screen. Please make it so tooltips are simply rendered inside the Editor window.
Sep 22, 2020 22:33
This bug (A and B) is still present in Unity 2020.1.4f1 (KDE Plasma / Kubuntu 20.04).
The taskbar also gets orange (as if app is notifying user of changes) every time a tooltip appears.
Wouldn't it be better to just render tooltips normally inside the editor window instead of trying to make it like a separate window?
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.3):
Fix resize of tooltips in Linux editor