Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1.X
[Linux] Strong Input lag when locking cursor and using mouse with 1000hz polling rate
How to reproduce:
1. Open attached project "repo_1023587"
2. Enter the Game mode
3. Move the mouse around for 5s and suddenly stop
4. Spectate Game View for the movement delay
Expected result: camera moves without an input lag
Actual result: camera moves with an input lag
Reproducible with: 2018.1.0b8, 2018.1.0b13
Not Reproducible with: 5.6.3f1, 2017.1.2f1, 2017.2.1f1, 2017.4.0f1
Note: Happens when using Cursor.lockState = CursorLockMode.Locked. Not reproducible with a mouse with 500hz polling rate (tested with 500hz, 1000hz), dpi does not matter (tested with 600, 800, 1800, 12000), also worth noting that one out of ten times it is hard to reproduce, in that case just resize Game View and try again.
Tested using: Ubuntu 16.04
Workaround: if you have an option, lowering your mouse polling rate to 500hz
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Linux] Executing Build And Run with Dedicated Server platform does not open Terminal
- [deprecated] BuildOptions.EnableHeadlessMode needs clearer warning for its conflicts with BuildOptions.subtarget field
- UNITY_SERVER scripting define does not work when switching to Dedicated Server from Windows by script
- Editor crashes when opening it with "-standaloneBuildSubtarget Server" CLI
- [Hub] Templates are missing in Hub 3.0.0-beta.2 when creating new project for Unity 2022.1