Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.3.33f1, 2022.3.14f1, 2023.2.0a21
[Linux] Slider Value incorrectly set when dragging the mouse past the screen corner, while holding the LMB on the slider
1. Create a new 3D project
2. In the Hierarchy view, select any GameObject
3. In the Inspector view, select and hold the Position X slider
4. Drag the slider in any direction till you reach the screen corner, and drag the slider past that
5. Observe the value of the slider
Expected result: The slider value should continue to increase, even after the mouse cursor has been warped to the opposite screen edge.
Actual result: The slider value is set to a value as if the mouse had been dragged from the original slider position to the new position after the mouse cursor was warped upon reaching the screen corner.
Reproducible with: 2020.3.48f1, 2021.3.12f1, 2021.3.26f1, 2022.2.21f1, 2023.1.0b18, 2023.2.0a16
Couldn’t test with: 2021.1.0a1, 2021.3.11f1 (the mouse does not warp when moving it into the screen border)
Reproducible on: Ubuntu 23.04, Ubuntu 22.10
Not reproducible on: Windows 10, Ubuntu 22.04
* Although on 2023.1.0b18 the slider value is as expected when moving the mouse past the horizontal screen border, but when moving the mouse downwards the behavior is the same as in the actual results.
* 2023.2.0a16 results are the same as in 2022.2.21f1 but with the 2023.1.0b18 vertical mouse movement behavior.
* 2023.1.0a1, 2023.2.0a1 acts the same as 2023.1.0b18
* It is possible, that the reproduction chances depend on the device used, for example, we couldn’t reproduce this on a different device using Ubuntu 22.04.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- OnActiveBuildTargetChanged is not called when changing the build platform
- Silent crash when scripts are recompiled on a specific project
- [Android] Video freezes when built for Android with specific project
- UI element is not displayed when Canvas Render Mode is set to Screen Space-Overlay
- Editor crashes on libetc_init when changing WebGL Texture Format to "RGB + 1-bit Alpha Compressed ETC2 4 bits"