Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.0b2, 2023.1.0a1
[Linux] "Select Icon" dropdown throws "MissingReferenceException" errors when being rapidly opened and closed
How to reproduce:
1. Create and open a new project
2. In the Hierarchy select the "Main Camera" Game Object
3. In the Inspector spam click the cube icon in the top left corner of the panel to open and close the "Select Icon" dropdown
4. While spam clicking observe the console output
Expected result: the console doesn't throw any errors
Actual result: a "MissingReferenceException" error is thrown
Reproducible with: 2020.3.33f1, 2021.3.1f1, 2022.1.0f1, 2022.2.0a10
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.37f1
Reproducible on Ubuntu 20.04
Not reproducible on Windows 10
MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'HostView' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it.
Your script should either check if it is null or you should not destroy the object.
Note: after throwing the error the opened dropdown will remain open with no content inside of it after having clicked away to close it
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dropdown menu covers the button when there is no space for it from below
- WebCamDevice only returns one rear-facing camera when built on Android
- Reimporting a Scripted Importer Asset when Profiler is recording will make it null
- Created Import Issue Asset doesn't show up in the Project window until the Unity Editor is restarted
- [Android] Application name with an ampersand is removed and replaced with an underscore in 2021 LTS and up