Search Issue Tracker
[Linux editor] empty WebGL project fails building
-e: see title, project fails building throwing errors
-tested on Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS
--fails with 2019.3.7, 2020.1b1, 2020.2a5
--create new project
--switch platform to WebGL
--start a build
--NOTICE it fails with an error
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- TreeView Child display toggle styling becomes reversed when clicking and dragging it
- Null is returned when using FocusOutEvent.relatedTarget
- Unity_BaseInstanceID is always zero when rendering multiple meshes and instancing with the same buffer
- UI Document button's text does not resize relatively when size in percentage (%) is used
- Event.current.mousePosition has an offset of 1px along the y-axis in WebGL build when the mouse button is released
Resolution Note (2020.1.X):
WebGL uses IL2CPP to build projects. IL2CPP requires LLVM >=6.0 to be installed (not installed by default on some Linux distributions), just as it requires MSVC on Windows and Xcode on Mac. There is work being done to have a package that includes LLVM and other necessary tools so it doesn't depend on what's installed in the system. There is also work being done to improve the error messaging when the build fails because of missing compiler, and update the documentation with system requirements.
For now, installing LLVM is a requirement to build WebGL.