Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.6.0
[Linear][BaseMap] Base map rendering is glitchy after decreasing Base Map Dist. value in Linear color space
Steps to repro:
1. Open attached project;
2. Add Terrain gameobject (GameObject -> 3D Object -> Terrain);
3. Add some height to terrain (via any painting tool);
4. Go to Paint Texture tool;
5. Click Edit Textures - > Add Texture...;
6. Add any texture and press Add;
7. Go to Terrain Settings tab;
8. Decrease Base Map Dist. value.
Base map distortion switch transition is glitchy; it doesn't preserve brightness of terrain's material.
See attached gif video.
Workaround is to either save scene or switch to Gamma color space.
Base map distortion should have consistent brightness value on different distortion levels.
- Reproducible in 5.6.0a3, 5.5.0f1, 5.4.3f1;
- Reproducible on OSX 10.12.1 and Windows 10;
- Reproducible only in Linear; Not reproducible in Gamma.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- LightingData for additively loaded scenes baked together is much bigger than for a single scene with same geometry
- [DrawMeshInstancedIndirect] ComputeBuffer set to MaterialPropertyBlock doesn't take effect when drawing a mesh
- MergePrefabInstance crash when reimporting assets from Assets Store
- 100% reproducible crash on drag and drop on Windows
- Physics2D.Distance returns incorrect distance between colliders