Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2019.3.X, 2020.1.X
[Templates] Line Endings for New Scripts are set to Windows by default when creating new projects
If you create a new project with any template, the Line Endings for New Scripts setting in the Editor tab of Project Settings will be set to Windows by default. It should be set to OSNative by default.
Note this affects all templates.
1. Open Unity
2. Create a project with any template
3. Once the project is created, go to Edit > Project Settings > Editor
4. Inspect the Line Endings for New Scripts setting
The option is set to OSNative.
The option is set to Windows.
Tested on Windows.
Occurs on 2018.3.0a1, 2019.1.0a1, 2019.2.0a1, 2019.3.0a1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Long Prefab save times when using Unity 2022.2 and higher
- Console displays error "UnityException: Creating asset at path Assets/Scenes/ .scenetemplate failed." during scene template saving
- "Development Build" watermark is shown in non-development UWP release builds
- Console errors appear when the Inspector is set to Debug and a GameObject is selected
- A script public variable value is not used when set in the Inspector window
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.1):
Version: 2020.1.5f1.4487 Personal
Revision: 2020.1/staging e025938fdedc
Built: Tue, 01 Sep 2020 18:30:46 GMT