Search Issue Tracker
Found in [Package]
Lightweight render pipeline creates unpredictable batches when used with GPU instancing and point or spot light
How to reproduce:
1. Open user's attached project
2. Enter Game mode
3. Enable Frame Debugger
4. Select Frame Debugger's slider and slide it on a second job
5. While stepping forward inside Frame Debugger keep an eye on the Game View
6. Notice how many batches are created with only one GameObject
Expected result: GameObjects are created in similar sized batches
Actual result: GameObjects are created in very random sized batches between 1 - 20+ at a time
Reproducible with: 2018.1.5f1, 2018.2.0b8, 2018.3.0a2
Not reproducible with: 2017.x (Lightweight Render Pipeline introduced in 2018.1)
Note: while using directional or area light type, batches are similar and there are no batches containing only one GameObject
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [UWP] Player is not deployed correctly through "Build and Run" and causes BuildFailedException: Deployment failed.
- [XR][GearVR] GrabPass does not function properly when using GearVR and Single Pass Instancing.
- GfxDeviceWorker crash when in playmode after upgrading project to 2018.3
- [ShaderGraph] BooleanShaderProperty uses wrong property attribute (creates keywords)
- Crash when attempting to undo an "apply" action to an upgraded disconnected prefab