Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.4.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
"Assertion failed on expression: 'pred(*previous, *i)' " is thrown on additively adding a new scene to a baked scene
Assertion failed on expression: 'pred(*previous, *i)' is thrown when a new scene is added additively to an existing baked scene having the "Auto-generate" checkbox off in Lighting settings. Refer the attached video
Steps to reproduce:
1) Download the attached project and open `s1Blue` scene
2) Check "Auto-generate" checkbox ON in Lighting settings and let the scene's lighting auto-bake
3) Uncheck the "Auto-Generate" checkbox in the Lighting window
4) Drag the 's1Red' scene from the Project folder to the Hierarchy to additively load it
Actual result: Assertion failed on expression: 'pred(*previous, *i)' is thrown when a scene is added additively to an existing baked scene
Expected result: No errors are thrown when a scene is added additively
Occurring on: 2019.3.0f6 (69ba09c9b97e), 2019.3.0f3
Working fine on: 2020.1.0a19, 2020.1.0a1, 2019.3.0f2
Environment: Only on Windows
Stack trace: Assertion failed on expression: 'pred(*previous, *i)'
Feb 04, 2021 22:17
Can confirm! Please fix!
Oct 16, 2020 13:34
Happening on windows Unity 2019.4.12f1 (LTS)
We loading multiplee scenes and get same amount of errors, kinda annoying and dunno if it affects build performance for leaks?
Aug 25, 2020 19:56
Happening on windows Unity 2019.4.8f1 (LTS)
Jul 07, 2020 17:57
Same issue. I am having the same error Messages in Unity 2019.4.0f1 on Windows.
May 02, 2020 00:56
For context, here is my stack trace for this same error, from the editor log:
Assertion failed on expression: 'pred(*previous, *i)'
(Filename: ./Runtime/Utilities/remove_duplicates.h Line: 77)
May 01, 2020 19:28
Happening on Mac as well.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.1):
Verified fix in,
Revision: 2021.1/staging 7b84efee645b
Built: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 10:21:39 GMT
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.4):
Verified fix in,
Version 2019.4.22f1 (9fdda2fe27ad)
Wed, 03 Mar 2021 01:24:36 GMT