Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
[LightProbes] Probes lose their lighting data after entering Play mode when Baked and Realtime GI are enabled
Steps to reproduce:
1. Download the attached project and open SimpleOutdoorsA scene
2. Make sure that both baked and realtime GI are enabled in the Lighting settings
3. Make sure that Auto Generate is disabled in Lighting settings
4. Generate lighting
5. Enter play mode
6. Notice that light probes have lost their lighting data
- Reproduced in: 2017.4.6f1, 2018.1.4f1, 2018.2.0b8, 2018.3.0a1 (330986351f8d), 2018.3.0a3 (0ac1bca97520)
- Affects both desktop and mobile platforms
Dec 26, 2021 06:01
I need to make a zepeto item and I can't why?
Sep 25, 2021 10:17
seems to be happening even on the very latest version as of today - Unity 2021.2.0b12.
Everything seems to be working after bake, then one of several things I do can cause the light data to disappear:
- Move the object (doesn't always happen)
- Save scene (doesn't always happen)
- Enter play mode (always happens)
Aug 10, 2021 08:30
I think it's worth mentioning that the bug affects realtime lights only, mixed ones don't lose their data in the probes.
Also realtime lights don't lose their data if only realtime GI is enabled.
It is still problematic though as in some cases where you have more than 3 mixed lights overlapping, the 4th nearby one needs to be realtime otherwise it looses its light if you bake in Shadowdistance mode (which has a 3 mixed lights overlap limit).
Jun 21, 2021 14:47
Still the same issue on 2021.2.0a21.2949 ...
Feb 02, 2020 01:58
so, is that it? "WON'T FIX"... are we going to just have to deal with crappy lighting for the rest of our lives? >__>
Sep 27, 2019 14:34
Only happens when baking with plm. Every version I tried since plm introduction.
Aug 31, 2019 20:46
It's still there in Unity 2019.1.14. and not even a comment here. Unbelivable. I am really close to switch to other engine after 4 years of using Unity...
Apr 29, 2019 02:58
Addition: this data loss is observable only when baking light with Progressive Lightmapper. The problem was caused by the Ambient Light in Realtime mode.
Apr 28, 2019 22:58
Same. 2018.3.12f1. To be more accurate, only the indirect lighting data is lost in my case.
Mar 06, 2019 11:04
We are having the same problem in version 2018.3.7f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [HDRP] Decal Projector with layer mask "nothing" doesn't affect transparent objects when Decal Layers are disabled in frame settings
- "MonoBehaviour.OnApplicationQuit" is still called when quitting is canceled by “Application.wantsToQuit“ returning false
- [2D SG/VFX] Surface options are not shown in Output Inspector when 2D Sprite SG is assigned to VFX
- Collisions are incorrectly registered when setting a joint motor every frame causes
- Terrain shadows flicker while moving the Camera in the Player when Terrain contains GPU instanced materials
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.2):
Will be addressed as part of a larger refactor of the Light Probes area.