Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.3.0f3
Launching the editor using -projectPath argument without a valid license results in hang on splash or no visible window
How to reproduce:
1. Delete Unity license files (.urf) located in C:\ProgramData\Unity
2. Create a .bat file containing this: "C:\Program Files\Unity 2017.3.0a5\Editor\Unity.exe" -projectPath C:\empty\project
3. Edit the first path to where your Unity launcher is located, and the second one to any project's directory
4. Launch the .bat file that was just created
5. Click "Continue" if any "This may require re-import." prompts pop-up, wait for it to re-import
6. Observe that the project is not opening
Expected result: Unity opens the License management window, or at least shows a message that license is missing and it's impossible to open the project
Actual result: No messages shown. Sometimes Unity is running as a background process (no visible window), other times it's stuck displaying the splash screen
Reproducible with: 2017.3.0a5, 2017.2.0b8, 2017.1.0p5, 5.6.3p1, 5.5.4p3
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [UWP] Player is not deployed correctly through "Build and Run" and causes BuildFailedException: Deployment failed.
- [XR][GearVR] GrabPass does not function properly when using GearVR and Single Pass Instancing.
- GfxDeviceWorker crash when in playmode after upgrading project to 2018.3
- [ShaderGraph] BooleanShaderProperty uses wrong property attribute (creates keywords)
- Crash when attempting to undo an "apply" action to an upgraded disconnected prefab