Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.1.X
Irrelevant warning message when using Animator.Play on a disabled object's animator
1. Download and open attached "BugReport.zip" project.
2. Open "Scene" scene.
3. Enter Play mode.
4. Press A on keyboard to trigger animation.
5. Notice the console window.
Expected result: Console throws more descriptive warning. Since Animator does have a controller and it is only disabled, it should say that object with the animator is disabled or some other more descriptive information.
Actual result: Console throws irrelevant warning. It says that "Animator does not have an AnimatorController" when in fact it does have one, simply the object is disabled.
Reproduced with: 2017.3.0a7, 2017.2.0b10, 2017.1.1f1, 5.6.3p2, 5.5.4p4.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- When a Rigidbody2D is inactive GetPoint/GetVector/GetRelativePoint/GetRelativeVector fallbacks to returning (0, 0)
- Light brightness gets intense until the 'Lightmap Encoding' quality is changed when baking Lightmap
- Crash on LinearCollectionField::LinearCollectionField after a 'm_ArrayField != SCRIPTING_NULL' assertion when opening a project
- Import Activity Window takes long time to open
- Child Canvas' Sorting Layer is changed to the same value as the parent Canvas after interacting with Dropdown UI object