Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.1
Irrelevant warning message when using Animator.Play on a disabled object's animator
1. Download and open attached "BugReport.zip" project.
2. Open "Scene" scene.
3. Enter Play mode.
4. Press A on keyboard to trigger animation.
5. Notice the console window.
Expected result: Console throws more descriptive warning. Since Animator does have a controller and it is only disabled, it should say that object with the animator is disabled or some other more descriptive information.
Actual result: Console throws irrelevant warning. It says that "Animator does not have an AnimatorController" when in fact it does have one, simply the object is disabled.
Reproduced with: 2017.3.0a7, 2017.2.0b10, 2017.1.1f1, 5.6.3p2, 5.5.4p4.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The main loop is never scheduled in 2018.x when build starts in background
- EditorApplication.isPlaying value is true when calling it in OnDisable() and Entering Play Mode
- "Entering Playmode with Reload Domain disabled" log appears when Configurable Enter Play Mode is enabled and pressing Play
- [2D] [Lost Crypt Demo] null texture passed to GUI.DrawTexture warning when opening demo
- Editor freezes and silently crashes when an object with SerializeReference is assigned an object with System.Obsolete attribute