Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.9f1
Fixed in 2018.3.X
[iOS] Unity adds Game Center and Push Notifications Capabilities to Xcode project if you have code using those features
Unity automatically adds Game Center and Push notifications Capabilities to Xcode project, if you have code using those features e.g.
Xcode capabilities then make Xcode require those entitlements in the provisioning profile and then it's not possible to use wildcard provisioning profiles e.g. for Enterprise distribution
1. Download attached project "New Unity Project (11)" and open in Unity
2. Open "SampleScene" scene
3. Build for iOS
4. Open the Xcode project
5. Select "Unity-iPhone" from the project navigator in Xcode
6. Select "Capabilities" see Game Center and Push Notifications enabled
Expected results: Observe that Game Center and Push Notifications are disabled
Actual results: Observe that Game Center and Push Notifications are enabled
- On Unity 2018.2.0a1 it started to add Push Notifications
- On Unity 2018.3.0a8 it started to add Game Center
Not reproduced on Unity 2017.4.14f1 and 2018.1.9f2, 2018.2.15f1, 2018.3.0b9 and 2019.1.0a8
Reproduced on Unity 2018.2.0a1, 2018.2.17f1, 2018.3.0b11 and 2019.1.0a9
Regression on 2018.2.0a1 and 2018.3.0a8
Jan 27, 2020 16:34
The "Automatically add capabilities" setting is in 2018 LTS as of 2018.4.14f1 if you're still looking up upgrade to 2018 LTS.
Apr 16, 2019 02:28
Regression: Just checked in Unity 2018.3.8f1, 2018.3.10f1. Resolution "Player Settings under Other Settings tab where you can check or uncheck "Automatically add capabilities" setting" is not available.
It does not seem possible to turn off automatic capability adding.
Second issue: Unity automatically adds Push notifications capability even when authoring with local notifications. This is unnecessary and requires turning off Push Notifications Capability when only using local notifications.
Jan 24, 2019 19:57
Can this please be back-ported to Unity 2018.3 and 2018 LTS. I'm stuck on 2018.1 because of this and won't be able to upgrade to 2018 LTS if it's not fixed.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- VFX Blackboard: Duplicated items numbers misses brackets
- [Android] TouchScreenKeyboard.active triggers an error when set to false in the Player
- [Android] Auto-correct suggestions show up over the "hidden zone" when typing text with TouchScreenKeyboard
- [Android] Clicks on the "hidden zone" remain blocked when TouchScreenKeyboard is active
- [URP][DX12] Black Game View window when URP Dynamic Resolution is enabled
Resolution Note (fix version 2018.3.9f1):
We added a new setting in Player Settings under Other Settings tab where you can check or uncheck "Automatically add capabilities" setting