Search Issue Tracker
Status: Fixed in Unity 5.5.0
[iOS] Sound volume of music playing on the device gets quiet after launching a Unity app
When a Unity app is launched, any audio playing on the device (iTunes, Spotify, etc.) gets quiet, even when the app is not playing any sounds. This issue does not occur when 'Disable Unity Audio' is checked in Edit > Project Settings > Audio. When the app goes back to background or is exited, the sound goes back to normal.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Create a new project.
2) Build for iOS.
3) Play music on a device.
4) Launch the build on the device.
As soon as the app starts, the sound volume is halved.
5.5.0b2, 5.4.0p4, 5.3.6p4
Did not reproduce:
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- RectMask2D masks a child game object even if it is in the boundaries.
- [UI] Tiled Image stretches sprite borders in Tight mesh mode
- Child UI elements in parent Canvas cannot be configured after changing their Anchor preset and previewing it
- [iOS] Audio playback doesn't start immediately after resuming an app
- Can't install Unity 2017.1.0a1 on Windows 10 (Error: Unity requires Windows7 or later!)