Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.2.1
[iOS] Some unicode characters not displayed
There’s no full workaround for the issue. I’ve found that after adding the following fonts to the font fallback list in “Filesystem.mm” in the trampoline, there are _almost_ no regressions compared to iOS8.
“Helvetica”, "Hiragino Mincho ProN”, "PingFang HK” and "Noto Sans Yi”
The remaining regressions can be divided into two parts:
- Emoji characters. It’s not possible to support them because Apple now uses a different font format for font that contains these characters. We don’t support the new font format. Full fix is not expected until 5.3 at the earliest.
- Approximately 1% of random Chinese characters. I did not yet investigate this issue yet.
1. Open and deploy the project from 'fonttest.zip' (original project doesen't work on 5.2+ due to ngui stuff).
2. Observe that some Unicode characters in the top left corner are not working on iOS9 (some also on iOS 8):
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform