Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.2.1
[iOS] Some unicode characters not displayed
There’s no full workaround for the issue. I’ve found that after adding the following fonts to the font fallback list in “Filesystem.mm” in the trampoline, there are _almost_ no regressions compared to iOS8.
“Helvetica”, "Hiragino Mincho ProN”, "PingFang HK” and "Noto Sans Yi”
The remaining regressions can be divided into two parts:
- Emoji characters. It’s not possible to support them because Apple now uses a different font format for font that contains these characters. We don’t support the new font format. Full fix is not expected until 5.3 at the earliest.
- Approximately 1% of random Chinese characters. I did not yet investigate this issue yet.
1. Open and deploy the project from 'fonttest.zip' (original project doesen't work on 5.2+ due to ngui stuff).
2. Observe that some Unicode characters in the top left corner are not working on iOS9 (some also on iOS 8):
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- When "draw instanced" is changed for entire terrain group and then undone, it is only undone for the terrain that was selected
- Custom Inspectors OnDisable still called after Asset has been deleted
- Native Plugin regression from 2018.x results in "DllNotFoundException" error
- [Android] "AndroidETC2FallbackOverride.Quality32BitDownscaled" does not work on an Atlas created with the Legacy Sprite Packer
- Debug.Log() Context not highlighted when pressed after printing in Test Runner's EditMode