Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.2.1
[iOS] Some unicode characters not displayed
There’s no full workaround for the issue. I’ve found that after adding the following fonts to the font fallback list in “Filesystem.mm” in the trampoline, there are _almost_ no regressions compared to iOS8.
“Helvetica”, "Hiragino Mincho ProN”, "PingFang HK” and "Noto Sans Yi”
The remaining regressions can be divided into two parts:
- Emoji characters. It’s not possible to support them because Apple now uses a different font format for font that contains these characters. We don’t support the new font format. Full fix is not expected until 5.3 at the earliest.
- Approximately 1% of random Chinese characters. I did not yet investigate this issue yet.
1. Open and deploy the project from 'fonttest.zip' (original project doesen't work on 5.2+ due to ngui stuff).
2. Observe that some Unicode characters in the top left corner are not working on iOS9 (some also on iOS 8):
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor crashes when loading RenderDoc with Graphics API set to OpenGLES2 or OpenGLES3
- [Windows] Development Build with no scenes shows a purple screen when using OpenGLES3 graphics API
- Shader variants take too much memory at runtime
- [HDRP][VFX] Output mesh with default shader is incorrectly sorted before the HDRP fog
- Error "'GamepadSpeakerOutputType' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine'" occurs in the Console when building a project