Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.2.1
[iOS] Some unicode characters not displayed
There’s no full workaround for the issue. I’ve found that after adding the following fonts to the font fallback list in “Filesystem.mm” in the trampoline, there are _almost_ no regressions compared to iOS8.
“Helvetica”, "Hiragino Mincho ProN”, "PingFang HK” and "Noto Sans Yi”
The remaining regressions can be divided into two parts:
- Emoji characters. It’s not possible to support them because Apple now uses a different font format for font that contains these characters. We don’t support the new font format. Full fix is not expected until 5.3 at the earliest.
- Approximately 1% of random Chinese characters. I did not yet investigate this issue yet.
1. Open and deploy the project from 'fonttest.zip' (original project doesen't work on 5.2+ due to ngui stuff).
2. Observe that some Unicode characters in the top left corner are not working on iOS9 (some also on iOS 8):
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- UI Builder - Transitions on elements with hover are only applied the first time hover occurs
- Unity drains raw input message queue before Rewired can process each event, making it miss some
- Old input system misses some mouse movement if the new input system is also enabled
- [URP] _ProjectionParams.x with Overlay rendering
- Thumbnails in a Project window get darker after reimporting assets