Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X
[iOS] Social.localUser.ID returns GameCenterUsersID instead of the new GamePlayerID and TeamPlayerID
Apple at WWDC 2019 announced that they will replace PlayerID with two new identifiers - TeamPlayerID and GamePlayerID
Using the new GamePlayerID and TeamPlayerID is required from Apple in the new Apple Arcade, so it would be nice to have it supported in the GameCenterPlatform integration in the Social API because Customers are using Social.localUser.ID for saving Players progress on their Server.
- More info here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/apple-deprecating-gamecenter-playerid-property.711089/
Reproduced on Unity 2017.4.0f1, 2017.4.31f1, 2018.3.14f1, 2018.4.6f1, 2019.1.14f1, 2019.2.1f1 and 2019.3.0a12
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] Text input field doesn't disappear when pressing "Enter" on the keyboard connected to a device and HideMobileInput is disabled
- WebGL Player flickers and logs warnings when viewport is resized and "Linear" Color Space is used
- Rigidbody recalculates its center of mass when moving its child Trigger Collider
- Sprites with different indexes than indicated in Text field of Label Inspector are being rendered
- VFX rendering a sphere when using a custom mesh
Dec 17, 2019 07:23
Not sure the GameIDs would work the same way or not. As the server store the data for multiple IDs, chances are the data might get lost on migration. Anyways would be updating about this on the website. <a href="http://gamenvoy.com">http://gamenvoy.com</a>
Nov 26, 2019 00:49
Voting to back port this fix for 2019.2 /2019.3 2019.4.
Alternatively, please in future abstract this engine architecture Social wrapper into a package so we can update this with Apple's changes instead of having to go external for something as trivial as returning a different string identifier (that is a mandatory requirement for newer apple platform games).
Oct 03, 2019 05:58
I vote for backporting this fix.