Search Issue Tracker
[hlsl2glsl -> HLSLcc][iOS][OpenGLES2]Reduced precision in shader floats on devices that only support OpenGLES2
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached ShaderPrecision.zip project
2. Open the "MainScene" in the Assets folder
3. Make sure that OpenGLES2 is set in Player Settings-> Graphic API
3. Build for iOS and deploy the Xcode project to the iOS device
Expected: The shader looks the same as in the Editor
Actual: Reduced precision in shader floats (see the attached Actual:Unity2018_4.mov and Expected:Unity5_6.mov videos in the Edit section)
Reproducible with: 2018.3.14f1, 2020.1.0a4
iPad 4th generation (iOS 10.3.3)
iPhone 5c (iOS 9.3.2)
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.32f1, 2018.2.21f1
Reggresed in: 2018.3.0a1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Can't select sRGB color format for Render Texture on HDRP project
- Built player takes multiple seconds to shut down
- Wireframe flicker and quad shaped artifacts on terrain trees using Mac Metal.
- Spamming error: `GLSL: Shader cannot be patched for instancing.` When enabling terrain Draw Instanced option in desktop OpenGL.
- [Mono, Debugger] VS 2019 debugger detaches when the Trace.TraceInformation is called with a specific string