Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.3
[iOS] PlayerSettings.SetIconsForTargetGroup does not work
iOS App Icons are appearing as default icons rather than custom ones.
1. What happened
iOS App Icons are appearing as default icons rather than custom ones. The total number of icons returned is only 9 (via GetIconSizesForTargetGroup()) while on 5.5 it was 15.
2. How we can reproduce it using the example you attached
1.) Unzip/open the test project.
2.) Run the test project in the Unity editor to generate/copy the icons.
3.) Confirm that the icons have been copied from the source location and are now present in Assets/Icons.
4.) Run a standard iOS build from the Unity "Build Settings" window.
5.) When build is finished, go into the Xcode built folder, to Unity-iPhone -> Images.xcassets -> AppIcon.appiconset.
6.) Note that the icons present are all the default Unity icon, not the custom assets specified via SetIconsForTargetGroup() in Step 1.
License type: Pro
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Character Controller's change of position in OnCharacterControllerHit is ignored
- [Oculus | Singlepass] View in headset renders upside down IN headset/compositor mirror with Oculus/Singlepass
- Surface Shader bug: #pragma hardware_tier_variants generates corrupt UV's
- [VideoImporter] Video files moved from StreamingAssets to Assets folder shows MovieTexture importer settings
- Render texture is mirrored when Camera's Clear Flags are set to Don't Clear