Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
[iOS] NPOT textures without compression uses more memory than a regular texture
1. Open users attached project "test.zip"
2. Open "SampleScene.unity" scene
3. Select the Main Camera game object from the hierarchy
4. Make sure that "pow2" is added to the Image Reference Texture field
5. Build for iOS
6. Deploy the Xcode project to an iOS device
7. Select "Show the Debug navigator" tab on the top-left and select "Memory"
8. Observe memory consumption
9. In the Editor, select the Main Camera and replace "pow2" with "nearly pow2"
10. Make sure that Non Power of 2 is set to None
10. Repeat steps 5 - 8
Expected result: memory consumption is similar
Actual result: NPOT texture without compression uses more memory than a regular texture
2018.3.0b4 2018.4.0f1 2019.1.2f1 2019.3.0a2
Not reproduced on:
Device reproduced on:
-iPhone XS iOS 12.0
- Using Unity profiler, memory consumption increase can also be seen, attaching screenshots.
- Doesn't seem to be reproducing on Android. Memory difference is really small, about 1-2MB.
VLNQA00270, Samsung Galaxy S10e (SM-G970F), Android 9, CPU: Exynos 9 9820, GPU: Mali-G76
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Superluminal fails to resolve symbols after mono upgrade
- Windows Standalone player builds with Mono scripting backend don't run on fresh windows installs
- RootEditor predicate for GameObjects disables Drag and Drop in the Scene View
- Slider OnValueChanged event is not called when changing value from the Inspector
- [Static Analysis] Defect 672865 in Modules/QuickSearch/Editor/QueryEngine/QueryToken.cs