Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
[iOS] NPOT textures without compression uses more memory than a regular texture
1. Open users attached project "test.zip"
2. Open "SampleScene.unity" scene
3. Select the Main Camera game object from the hierarchy
4. Make sure that "pow2" is added to the Image Reference Texture field
5. Build for iOS
6. Deploy the Xcode project to an iOS device
7. Select "Show the Debug navigator" tab on the top-left and select "Memory"
8. Observe memory consumption
9. In the Editor, select the Main Camera and replace "pow2" with "nearly pow2"
10. Make sure that Non Power of 2 is set to None
10. Repeat steps 5 - 8
Expected result: memory consumption is similar
Actual result: NPOT texture without compression uses more memory than a regular texture
2018.3.0b4 2018.4.0f1 2019.1.2f1 2019.3.0a2
Not reproduced on:
Device reproduced on:
-iPhone XS iOS 12.0
- Using Unity profiler, memory consumption increase can also be seen, attaching screenshots.
- Doesn't seem to be reproducing on Android. Memory difference is really small, about 1-2MB.
VLNQA00270, Samsung Galaxy S10e (SM-G970F), Android 9, CPU: Exynos 9 9820, GPU: Mali-G76
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Transparent GameObjects are not visible behind other transparent GameObjects when "Receive SSR Transparent" material property is enabled
- Shader is missing when "Strict shader variant matching" is enabled in the Player settings
- [Android][UaaL] Custom Frame Layout causes Unity to render over native Android UI when the App is backgrounded and foregrounded
- ReadPixels() uses different Y positions when built with Vulkan
- [Android] WebCamTexture feed is black when using it on an older OS version device