Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
[iOS] new "Process symbols" build phase added to Xcode project with each subsequent Append build when Services are enabled
1. Create a new Unity project.
2. Enable Services in "Window > General > Services".
3. Build to iOS.
4. Open the Xcode project.
5. Open the "Build Phases" tab.
6. Notice one Process symbols phase.
7. Build the Xcode project again on top of the old project.
8. Select "Append".
9. Open the Xcode project.
10. Open the "Build Phases" tab.
11. Notice two Process symbols phases.
Actual behavior(Screenshot attached(SCR97)):
- Each subsequent Append build adds one or more "Process symbols" phase.
- Amount of "Process symbols" phases on each build:
Test1: 1 > 2 > 4 > 5
Test2: 1 > 2 > 3 > 4
Test3: 1 > 2 > 3 > 4
- Couldn't test with 2019.2. Another issue prevents the build. The library is duplicated recursively until the path length cap is reached(Screenshot attached(SCR98)).
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Input Field ignores first keyboard input when calling Focus() from code
- GC Alloc when using Graphics.RenderMeshInstanced
- [VFX Graph][URP] VFX crashes on URP when dragging VFX asset to the Hierarchy window
- InvalidOperationException when using AsyncGPUReadback.RequestIntoNativeArray
- Generated Entities look different when Depth Priming Mode is changed
Oct 03, 2020 12:25
Still a problem i Unity 2018.4.25f1 LTS. Every time I make a build I have to wait for xcode to launch and then remove the extra process symbols step(s). Really should be fixed
Apr 11, 2020 16:45
2018.4.12f1 is also in problem and it's been killing my mac past few months ...
I had to kill my laptop with long button hold today as it was stuck so much..
Feb 10, 2020 09:51
Are there any plans to be fixed in the 2018 LTS?
Jan 17, 2020 20:00
Still occurring in 2018.4.14 LTS. As well as slowing down local builds and eating memory it causes Unity Cloud builds are to take MUCH longer and taxes Unity servers to boot.
Nov 27, 2019 06:41
still happening in 2019.2.8
Sep 03, 2019 04:00
Using 2018.4 LTS, it's really annoying bug. Please fix that in LTS too
Aug 22, 2019 08:19
This is currently also an issue in 2019.1.13f1.
I believe this leads to multiple instances of usymtool opening when trying to build to device in Xcode.
After a while this will ram-hog any device, making builds very difficult.