Search Issue Tracker
Won't Fix in 5.5, 5.6
[iOS][Metal] Parsing shaders takes a very long time with 'Compiler connection failed' error on iOS 8
iOS 8 devices fail compiling shaders with 'Compiler connection failed' error.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Open the latest attached project (905722_iOS8.zip).
2) Build for iOS.
3) Run on a device.
4) Press the UI button on the screen.
The button press should load another scene. On iOS devices, it takes around 15 - 20 seconds to load 'Compiler connection failed' error is logged in Xcode's console along with some shader code after the scene has finished loading.
On iOS 10 devices, the scene loads immediately.
This doesn't occur with OpenGL ES.
iPhone Plus 6 iOS 8.0
iPad Air iOS 8.1.1
iPhone 5S iOS 8.2.2 - reproduced by the user
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shader error db grows on each build
- Android ARCore build fails with 2019.4 due to outdated Gradle
- [tvOS] Visual artifacts are present when Ambient Occlusion is enabled and Dynamic Resolution is reduced
- Texture Importer Inspector throws errors when a built-in texture inspector is overwritten in C#
- Invalid AABB error is thrown when moving a Particle with Velocity over Lifetime and Limit Velocity over Lifetime modules