Search Issue Tracker
[iOS] Memory increases when continuously sending messages using AWS SDK
1. Open the project "newProjectTest"
2. Build and Run the project on an iOS device
3. Observe the device memory in Xcode
Expected result: The memory stays consistent
Actual result: The memory rises for a while before it settles
Reproducible with: 2019.4.29f1 (The memory continues to rise without settling), 2020.3.16f1, 2021.1.17f1, 2021.2.0b7, 2022.1.0a5
iPhone 6 (iOS 12.4.8) - stabilizes at ~92MB depending on version
iPhone 7 (iOS 12.3.1) - stabilizes at ~100MB depending on version
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 14.1) - stabilizes at ~120MB depending on version
- In this example scenario a test message is sent to Kinesis Firehose every 10s using the AWS SDK which prompts the issue
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Input Field ignores first keyboard input when calling Focus() from code
- GC Alloc when using Graphics.RenderMeshInstanced
- [VFX Graph][URP] VFX crashes on URP when dragging VFX asset to the Hierarchy window
- InvalidOperationException when using AsyncGPUReadback.RequestIntoNativeArray
- Generated Entities look different when Depth Priming Mode is changed
Resolution Note (2022.1.X):
As description states - memory usage stabilizes at some level. This means there is no bug.
It is perfectly normal for memory usage to grow for a bit at first. A bug would be only if memory keeps on growing and leads to out of memory crash.