Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.2
[iOS] [Metal] Letterboxing when resolution is set to one that does not match the aspect ratio of the screen
1. Open repro project(link in edit)
2. Build and run on iPhone X
3. Tap screen at the top, center and the bottom(pink tap indicator displays the user's tap location)
4. Notice that at the top and bottom of the screen there is offset for tap indicator
Reproduced: 2018.2.6f1, 2018.2.10f1, 2018.3.0b1
Could not reproduce on earlier versions because of case 1060435
Reproducible: iPhone X
Not reproducible: iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8
When screen resolution is set to one that does not match the aspect ratio of the screen, image will be stretched across the entire screen. This change only affects iOS and tvOS when renderer is set to Metal. Android with GL ES & Vulkan and iOS with GL ES already behave like that.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [OSX][Settings] When using only the new ISX as Input Handling, mouse position and scroll are still detected by the old system.
- [Scripting] Input Action fails to re-enable after disabled.
- [MacOS] "Bloom" does not work in Standalone Build
- Mesh.CombineMeshes result has different normals if the original mesh has tweaked normals and scale
- [Hub] In licence error screen https://unity3d.com/unity/err/license redirects to not found website