Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2.X
Fixed in 5.6.X, 2017.1.X, 2017.2.X, 2017.3.X, 2018.1.X
[iOS] Incorrect splash image is displayed after launching the app on iPhone X
1. Open project attached by the user (iPhoneXSplashBug)
-- In the player settings notice that for iPhone X different splash was set.
2. Build and run it on iPhone X
3. After app launches notice that firstly green splash is shown (correct behavior) and then it switches to the red one.
Expected result: Only one (green) splash screen should be displayed
Reproduced with: Unity 5.6.3p4, 2017.2.0p4, 2017.3.0f2, 2018.1.0a7
Device: iPhone X iOS 11.2
Fixed in: Unity 2018.2.0a4
Backported to: 5.6.5p3, 2018.1.0b12, 2017.2.2p2, 2017.1.3p3, 2017.4.1f1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "DirectoryNotFoundException" error when initiating IL2CPP build with a custom script after the folder of a previous build is deleted
- [2D] [URP] Objects are rendered twice when Foremost Sorting Layer is enabled
- Physics applied to Rigidbody is not fully disabled when setting the Rigidbody to Kinematic
- Scene view turns black when using a custom Mesh Renderer
- VFX Graph ZWrite has no effect when using URP PostProcessing DoF effect
Mar 28, 2023 21:31
Running into this issue in 2021.1.16f1 as well.
Jan 10, 2020 09:24
Using Unity 2018.3.12f1, testing with iPhoneX, change new launch screen image and build with old image. Delete the whole library folder does not help.
The reason is the temp folder still has a cache with the old launch screen image.
So the solution is save and close the Unity after the changing to the new launch screen image. Then reopen the Unity and build again. Now, the temp folder has the right image.
Finally, delete the mobile app and install again.
Jul 04, 2019 16:31
This issue is back in 2018.3.8f1. I've removed all slash screen images from the projects setting and it still shows the wrong splash image. The image it shows it a bit distorted as well.
I do recall changing the Mesh Type in the import settings from Full Rect to Tight and it seems like after that this issue started, but I'm not sure if that is related.
Apr 16, 2018 17:23
2017.4.1f1 release notes includes a fix for this.
Mar 27, 2018 14:35
How can this be deemed as FIXED????
Mar 27, 2018 14:35
not an iPhone X related issue. Same problem with iPhone SE, sometimes also no splash screen is shown. This with the latest Unity (2017.3.1f1)
Mar 21, 2018 16:07
Same thing on 2017.3.1p3, 2017.3.1p4
Mar 06, 2018 21:04
2017.3.1p3 Same issue
Mar 06, 2018 14:14
I also got NO splash screen at all on a iPhone SE. Not sure if it is related. iPad seems to work.
Mar 05, 2018 09:56
Will it be fixed for any Unity version 5.x?