Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2
[iOS][IL2cpp] The C++ code generation done by IL2CPP is wrong when using the C# "out" keyword
1. Open User's project
2. Set Scripting Backend to IL2CPP
3. Open "ffi_unity.cs" and "ffi.cs"
4. Set print_and_change_value_ios parameter to "ref"
5. Build for iOS
6. In Xcode console notice that "argument current value is 11" is printed
7. Change print_and_change_value_ios parameter to "out"
8. Build for iOS
9. Notice that "argument current value is 0" is printed.
Note: User included very useful README.md that explains the bug more in depth.
Expected behaviour: Ref and Out keywords work the same.
Actual result: C# Out keyword is working incorrectly with IL2CPP code generation.
Reproduced on versions: Unity 5.5.6f1, 5.6.5p1, 2017.1.3p1, 2017.2.1p3, 2017.3.1f1, 2018.1.0b6
Reproduced on device: iPhone 7 Plus iOS 10.3.2
Did not reproduce with Mono.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor fails to launch with silent crash in mono on windows
- [GPU PLM] Part of baked shadows are broken when hitting a backface
- [DX12] Nothing is being rendered when using Alt+Enter to maximize a resized windowed player
- GL shader reflection is truncated or crash occurs when struct is used from named CBuffer with at least one other constant
- Having a struct in the global CBuffer makes OpenGLCore and GLES3 targets not report reflection for the CBuffer