Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.2
[iOS] "ETC texture format is not supported, decompressing texture" for RGB ETC normal map textures
1. Open and build the attached project for iOS.
2. Check the Xcode Console.
It is possible to select ETC format in texture settings for iOS, but it decompresses when the Xcode project is built.
ETC texture format is not supported, decompressing texture.
GL_OES_standard_derivatives GL_KHR_texture_compression_astc_ldr GL_EXT_color_buffer_half_float GL_EXT_debug_label GL_EXT_debug_marker GL_EXT_pvrtc_sRGB GL_EXT_read_format_bgra GL_EXT_separate_shader_objects GL_EXT_shader_framebuffer_fetch GL_EXT_shader_texture_lod GL_EXT_shadow_samplers GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_APPLE_clip_distance GL_APPLE_color_buffer_packed_float GL_APPLE_copy_texture_levels GL_APPLE_rgb_422 GL_APPLE_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_IMG_read_format GL_IMG_texture_compression_pvrtc
iPhone7+ iOS 11.1
iPad Touch 6 iOS 10.2.1
Not reproducible with:
2017.2.1p3 (There was no ETC option in texture settings for iOS).
May be related to case 951854 .
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [instability] assetBundleVariant YAML parse issue in HDRP package: DebugDisplayLatlong.sha
- Native object references for some object types are always 0 in the memory profiler
- [Android] InputField.onEndEdit is not called when turning off the TouchScreenKeyboard on an Android device
- Acute shadow acne when using two overlapping spotlights
- Raycast made on UI with multiple graphic Raycasters sort strangely when being on the same sorting layer and order