Search Issue Tracker
[iOS] [Asset Bundle] Asset Bundles take excessive amounts of memory
1. Download User provided stripped projects
2. Open "AssetBundlesVsResourcesPrefab" project
//---- Test loading from Asset Bundles ----//
3. Build Asset Bundle ("Assets/AssetBundles/Build AssetBundles")
4. Store assetBundles somewhere (Tested on macOS Apachectl)
5. Change assetBundle url in file "AssetBundleManager/Resources/AssetBundleServerURL"
6. Build and Deploy to iOS device
7. Look in Xcode, how much memory does it take
8. Click GUI button "Load From Asset Bundle"
9. Look in Xcode, how much memory does it take now
//--- Test loading from Resources ----//
10. Rename "AB" folder to "Resources"
11. Build and Deploy to iOS device
12. Look in Xcode, how much memory does it take
13. Click GUI button "Load From Resources"
14. Look in Xcode, how much memory does it take now
Note: Test results are down in the edits
Expected results: Equal or just a bit larger amounts of memory are used by asset bundles.
Actual results: On larger project difference between resources and asset bundles get pretty big (80MB difference on original user project).
Reproduced on devices: iPhone 6 Plus iOS 10.1, iPhone 7 Plus iOS 10.2
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Particle System prefab doesn't simulate when in prefab mode and the Editor is playing but paused
- Cannot move/rotate/scale static objects in prefab mode when playing
- No proper error message when mismatching player build and editor version
- PhotoCapture has a very low framerate
- Detail Maps packed differently in Built-in vs URP