Search Issue Tracker
"Invalid generic argument" when building for Flash
1) What happened
When building for Flash, I get this error
Invalid generic argument, specifically -
Failed to convert type 'ICS_Unity_IO_Http.TraceyTest3': Invalid generic argument ''.
This happens when trying to convert open generics to Flash, which I'm pretty sure AS allows.
2) How can we reproduce it using the example you attached
Put this line of code in any C# file -
IList list = (IList)Activator.CreateInstance(typeof(List<>).MakeGenericType(typeof(string)));
This is a trivial example, but when you start passing in the type to create a generic list out of, especially during serialization, it becomes much more useful...think json serialization, etc.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Hierarchy is not repainted when pressing the Toggle Picking shortcut
- EndLayoutGroup error is thrown when closing a SaveFilePanel invoked from within a GUI Scope which was declared via using keyword
- Warning message appears when adding child GameObject with a collider into CompositeCollider2D with a script
- [2D] Sorting Layer Order in Layer key resets to 0 in Animation window and in Inspector.
- [iOS] Build fails when running UnityLinker