Search Issue Tracker
"Invalid generic argument" when building for Flash
1) What happened
When building for Flash, I get this error
Invalid generic argument, specifically -
Failed to convert type 'ICS_Unity_IO_Http.TraceyTest3': Invalid generic argument ''.
This happens when trying to convert open generics to Flash, which I'm pretty sure AS allows.
2) How can we reproduce it using the example you attached
Put this line of code in any C# file -
IList list = (IList)Activator.CreateInstance(typeof(List<>).MakeGenericType(typeof(string)));
This is a trivial example, but when you start passing in the type to create a generic list out of, especially during serialization, it becomes much more useful...think json serialization, etc.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- 'Can't add script' pop-up warns about abstract classes when dragging static classes onto GameObjects
- [Hub] Project "Remove from list" option is behind notifications when selecting the most bottom project in the list
- [Android][Vulkan] Black Screen renders on devices with Adreno 640 and Mali GPU's
- Sound/Audio is played when the VideoPlayer's attached AudioSource game object is disabled
- Editor crashes on GenerateSharedVerticesIndexList when importing .3ds file