Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Infinite project load when PrecompiledAssemblyException is encountered with clean project
If a project has two of the same assemblies (such as NewtonsoftJson in this case), attempting to load the project from a clean state (no library) will yield infinite load.
1. Download the project from Drive link below
2. Ensure that Library is deleted
3. Open the project
Expected result: The project opens and the exception is logged to the Console. If ran through Batch Mode, the exception is detected and Unity quits prematurely
Actual result: Project loads indefinitely. If ran through Batch Mode, the exception is NOT detected and the process is left running in the background
Reproducible with: 2020.2.0b3, 2020.2.0b6, 2021.1.0a1
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.28f1, 2019.4.11f1, 2020.1.8f1, 2020.2.0b2
Notes: The Exception gets infinitely repeated in Editor log, causing it to continually increase in size
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shader warnings are thrown when creating a new empty 3D HDRP project
- Crash on tlsf_free when exiting the Play mode in a specific project
- Advanced Object Picker switches to Classic with Error "Exception caught with search engine (Object Selector)Advanced" when opening multiple Object Picker windows
- The "secondary" touchpoint reverts to the previous position when the "primary" touchpoint is released and re-engaged on WebGL applications
- GameObject with Visual Effect Graph Component is blooming when the VFX Graph Color is set to "0" and Alpha is set "1"