Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
IncrementCounter() does not increment RWStructuredBuffer's counter value when using Vulkan Graphics API
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project (case_1205146-CSBug.zip)
2. Load the "DemoScene" scene (Drag it from Project/Scenes to the Hierarchy)
3. Enter Play Mode
4. Observe the value displayed in the top-left corner of the Game window and/or outputted to the console
5. In project settings under "Player" (Edit > Project Settings > Player), uncheck "Auto Graphics API for Windows" and switch the Graphics API to Vulkan
6. Unity will prompt you to restart, click "Restart Editor"
7. After restarting, enter Play Mode again
Expected results: Correct value is displayed on the screen and outputted to the console (should be 5)
Actual results: The value is either 0 or some other arbitrary number
Reproduced in: 2018.3.0a4, 2018.4.15f1, 2019.2.17f1, 2019.3.0f3, 2020.1.0a17
Not reproducible in: 2017.4.35f1, 2018.3.0a3
Note: It's possible that in 2018.3.0a3 and earlier Unity fallbacks and uses the D3D11 compiled Shader since both Vulkan and D3D11 compiled ComputeShader code is present, even when Vulkan is the only Graphics API selected.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Scene View] Gizmos dropdown disappears while toggling Windzone checkbox with its tooltip open
- Crash in StackAllocator::TryDeallocate when calling ParticleSystemRenderer.BakeMesh
- Modifying scoped registries in project manifest does not update Package Manager UI window
- Models change their position in scene when upgrading project
- Texture 'Read/Write' option does not double the memory in Profiler