Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.0b3, 2023.1.0a5
Increase Gaussian filter precision to 0.1 texel radius
Jira twin of: https://fogbugz.unity3d.com/f/cases/1392278
h1. Problem statement
Current Gaussian filter implementation operates at 1 texel precision (1-5 texel range). This is a problem, because even at 1 texel radius, Gaussian filtering can produce overly blurry results.
h1. Proposed solution
Increase Gaussian filtering precision to 0.1 texels. Gaussian filter in Adobe Photoshop operates at that precision as well.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Build fails when building with ILCPP Scripting Backend and ARMv7 as the Target Architecture
- Textures turn black in Player when they are referenced by a script instance
- [Android] Virtual device crashes with "Scudo ERROR: invalid chunk state when deallocating address" error in Firebase Test Lab when Optimized Frame Pacing is enabled
- Particle System does not resume when its Culling Mode is set to "Pause" or "Pause and Catch-up," and particle position simulate in world space
- "Custom Render Queue" field cannot be set above "2000" when changing it in the Inspector window using Debug mode