Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2019.1.X, 2020.3.X, 2021.1.X
Incorrect error dialog appears when trying to attach script with spaces in the file name
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new project
2. In the Project window create a new C# script and name it "test script" (with the space)
3. Try to drag the newly created script on the "Main Camera" GameObject
Expected result: An error dialog appears with the following message "Can't add script component 'test script' because the script class cannot be found. Make sure that there are no compile errors and that the file name and class name match."
Actual result: An error dialog appears with the following message: "The script test script' does not contain a class derived from UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour"
Reproducible with: 2018.4.34f1, 2020.3.7f1, 2021.1.6f1, 2021.2.0a17
Not reproducible with: 2019.2.0a3, 2019.4.26f1
1. Reproducible on Windows 10 and Ubuntu 18.04
2. The issue was previously fixed in 2019.2.0a3 but regressed again
3. On 2020.2.0a1, 2020.2.0a8 the script can be attached but doesn't load
4. Messages on different Editor versions:
2018.4.34f1: Can' add script AssemblyInfo.cs. The script needs to derive from MonoBehaviour!
2020.3.7f1: The script don't inherit a native class that can manage a script.
2021.1.6f1, 2021.2.0a17: The script 'gg hh' does not contain a class derived from UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Input Field ignores first keyboard input when calling Focus() from code
- GC Alloc when using Graphics.RenderMeshInstanced
- [VFX Graph][URP] VFX crashes on URP when dragging VFX asset to the Hierarchy window
- InvalidOperationException when using AsyncGPUReadback.RequestIntoNativeArray
- Generated Entities look different when Depth Priming Mode is changed
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.1):
Fixed in 2021.2.0a19
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.1):
Fixed in 2021.1.13f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.3):
Fixed in 2020.3.13f1