Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Fixed in 2019.2.X
[Improved prefabs] "MissingReferenceException" is thrown on applying changes through override window when a component is removed
"MissingReferenceException" is thrown on applying changes through override window when a component is removed. Refer the attached video.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Create new project
2) Create empty gameObject > Drag and drop in project to make a prefab "A".
3) In hierarchy, select prefab A > Add Mesh Renderer > Apply.
4) Remove Mesh renderer component
5) In override window > Select Mesh Renderer > Apply to prefab
Actual result: Component does not get removed completely and "MissingReferenceException" is thrown on clicking the compnent.
Expected result: Component gets removed gracefully.
Occurs on: 2019.3.0a7, 2019.2.0b7, 2019.1.0a11
Working fine on: 2019.1.0a9
Note: Unable to test on 2019.1.0a10 due to bug 1102102
Environment: Both Windows and Mac.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unity Editor process remains running after closing Editor
- OnApplicationPause pauseStatus is incorrect after losing focus on macOS
- [Mono Upgrade]FileSystemWatcher FileSystemWatcherArgs.Name variable returning the full path instead of the relative file name
- Animator Blend Tree weight defaults to 0 for a frame when AnimationClipPlayable is created with script in Play Mode
- Overridden method is called when calling the base class method using a derived class delegate